More than just a one-time cash infusion, an investment from angel investors offers a wealth of contacts and insights gained from years of collective experience as successful investors, business leaders and entrepreneurs. Unlike companies that only receive investments from institutional venture capital or individuals, NVG portfolio companies gain access to our entire network of active angel investors. The relationship with an angel group can result in sales leads, help with key hires, and later-stage investments.
In October 2012, NVG group Active Angel Investors merged with New Dominion Angels. The combined group is designed to invest six figures in early-stage companies, often with partners in Seed and Series A rounds of financing. We receive more than 100 business plans for every company we fund. Given this competitive dynamic, NDA looks to invest in companies that meet the following criteria:
- Sustainable competitive advantage in a market that can be measured in nine figures or more
- Management team with deep industry knowledge and/or successful entrepreneurial experience
- Headquarters within a three hour drive of Washington, DC
- Plan for rapid growth that would yield 10X return on capital invested
- Desire for guidance from active angel investors
- Interest in a standard venture investment at a pre-money valuation of $4 million or below
- Independently validated product/service
To apply for consideration for NDA funding, please click here. Given the number of companies that submit business plans to us, we regret that we cannot reply to ventures that do not fit our investing criteria.